Thursday, November 4, 2010

Insect Polypaint

This model was definitely a learning experience.  I had a lot of issues with the mesh during the sculpting process.  Overall the Polypainting is quite fun once you get into it.  I threw a TV dinner into the microwave and half an hour later I remembered it was in there, but only because I got hunger pangs. haha

The computers at school can't handle loading my model for some reason even though it's at ~8.4 million polys.  Weird.


The colors are a bit bland but since it's an insect, it can't stray too far from dark colors.  I did try a wide range of color schemes and textures but I ended up liking this most.  I spent about four hours or so texturing this, most of which was spent on cycling through textures after I decided the previous ones didn't fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment