Thursday, September 23, 2010

Red M-1 Texture



Like many in our class, this was my first time texturing something using the UV Maps. My first idea was to paint the texture myself, as I figured out what was what in the UV Snapshot. In the beginning, I was fine with the color that I had seen in so many of the reference photos. As I worked though, I decided that I wanted the tank to be red (my favorite color), and then finally decided on the cammo pattern. I looked up references for the pattern, then made my own in Photoshop.

Generally, as I went on, I just added and tweaked things on a whim until I was happy with it's direction. I added on the AO map that Matthew had made, though I had to re-size and re-position it. For some more flare, I added my current Halo: Reach emblem. The treads were a tough decision for me. I had wanted to paint them myself, but I wasn't able to get the detail that I wanted from that, so I ultimately decided to get a photo of treads from the internet and edit it. After I had the image placed, I used a dry pastel brush to add some dirt to the treads.

No comments:

Post a Comment