Thursday, September 23, 2010

M1A1 Abrams Texturing

I used two desert-flavored colors as my background and foreground swatches in Photoshop then used the Render > Clouds filter to get a decent mottled variation across the base layer.  From there I hand-painted the camouflage spots.  Some areas were tricky, like on the two panels aft of the personnel hatches because they are mirrored.  The hatches themselves were also hard to place camo on since they were split up and disoriented in the UV map.









Next I started adding in the tank tread and other details.  I used a single tread from a picture of a real M1A1 and just arrayed it out and added a combination of some filter magic and some brush strokes to give it the look it has.  I used whoever's idea it was to use a stop light for the rear lights, then I used the yellow light for the front lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment