Thursday, October 7, 2010

Project 2 - Darksiders Armageddon Blade

I started with a giant gemstone in the center.  Then some runes.  Every powerful sword needs some sort of enchantment to make it both powerful and indestructible.  Afterward I came up with a way to connect the runes and show the energy coursing through the blade.  I got my idea from Final Fantasy X:  There are dungeons in that game with these little spheres you have to pick up and place into the appropriate receptacle.  Once this is done, a solid blue gutter along the wall and floor is illuminated with something bright blue.

Next came the hilt.  I really had no idea what to do with this portion so I started messing around.  I wanted to add a sort of steampunk-esque or engineered feel to the blade so I made them look like containers of some sort of serum, which feed into the crystal, thus supplying it's cyan color.




No comments:

Post a Comment